Adjust Size of Mini-Map

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by tinygod, Nov 16, 2012.

1. tinygod

tinygod New Member

My questions is this, is there a way to make the Mini-Map Larger?

I am aware of HUD Scale option within the Video Settings area. However this causes all objects to scale. And even at the largest scaling (100). I still find the Mini-Map to be too small.

Now I know, I'm one of "Those Guys". The player that runs around, fighting with one eye on the screen and the other solidly glued to his Mini-Map. I do this to insure the path that I am taking is best. I'm the guy that others say.. DUDE did you NOT see that MOB / item / hole in the map (yeah that happened) lol

If I were playing Multi-Player, I would scale down the Mini-Map and follow the lead. However if i was assigned the role of Lead, I would then scale the Mini-Map back up.... you know what I could talk about that all day. lol

So again, is there a way to change the size of the Mini-Map?

2. Redferrari1998

Redferrari1998 The Moderating Legend

In short, no
    Not that i'm aware of

3. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Thanks

I figured as much, as the UI is one of Borderlands 2 few shot comings. Few, but unfortunately most visable.

4. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

What is the resolution of your monitor? HUD scaling is much better on higher resolutions.

5. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Resolution is not the issue. I run at 1920 x 1280, and have tried multiple different resolutions. My PC is custom built high end PC, which I built solely for the purpose of gaming.

The problem is that the Mini-Map itself is simply too small. Even at the higher resolutions or the maximum UI Scale, it is still not something that has much screen real-estate.

I was hoping that there was simply a way to adjust the different UI elements by hand. If that is not available, then this is something I am unable to change. Of course they could patch a change, but that is not likely.

6. tinygod

tinygod New Member

fair enough, I suppose this isn't an issue for most users. You can feel free to close the thread Admins.

7. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

I'll leave it open in case somebody comes up with an idea. Who knows, There might be a UI mod sometime in the future.