Black Ops 3 Coming to Wii U?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Media' started by Todd Black, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    When Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 was announced yesterday, a lot of people knew it would come out for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. What wasn't a guarantee was whether it would come out for the Nintendo Wii U. Especially since Advanced Warfare didn't.

Now though, if you were to register for an account on the Call of Duty site, you'll find an interesting image...
    [​IMG]
    You'll notice that this image depicts the request to link accounts from various consoles to this site. Along with the Xbox One and PS4 and Steam account tie ins you'll see the Nintendo Network icon, which seems to indicate that Call of Duty Black Ops 3 will indeed be coming to Wii U.

Now this may not be a surprise to some, as Black Ops 2 and Ghosts both were on the Wii U, in fact, Black Ops 2 was a launch title for Nintendo, and actually garnered many a critical praise. Many loved the ability to use the Gamepad screen as a fully viewable gateway for one player while the other could use the main television screen. Thus doing away with the need for split screen between two people.

Treyarch has not confirmed this as of yet, so for now, this should be seen as a rumor

2. divitorobert

divitorobert New Member

I know someone who will be very excited to hear this, even though is still a rumor ;) Almost done with this game on the PC (tight schedule), and had a taste of it on the PS3 a couple weeks ago, but I am really wondering what it would be like to experience this game on Wii U.

3. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

Honestly I didn't think a game like Black Ops would even come out for the Wii U but I guess the company really wants to expand the game to a larger audience. Nice move on their end.

4. andandand3

andandand3 Member

I have not heard much from Black Ops in the recent past, but this is a good way to break that silence. I am not big on the Wii U but this might change that a little bit.