Borderlands 3 as an MMO?

Discussion in 'Borderlands 1 and Future Titles' started by VinylicPuma3, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Siraphine

Siraphine New Member

I'd be okay with it only if they add a lot more options for customization. Mind you, I don't mean just physical appearance, I mean unique builds and stats options as well. It wouldn't fit as an MMO having us all running around as nearly identical copies of the same handful of characters.

I love shooter MMOs; Warframe is my current MMO of choice, and I love it dearly. I haven't found many shooter-based MMOs that work well, so I'd be happy to see another coming from a developer I'm already familiar with the mechanics of.

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

I know that a lot of people were opposed to this happening, but I think it's a wonderful idea. I caught myself numerous times telling my boyfriend that I wished Borderlands was an MMO. It's a ton of fun to play with your friends, but I feel like it would be even more fun to involve other players around the globe. Having a massive world dedicated to Borderlands with real interactive characters? To me that sounds like a fantastic idea. I'd love to play with other people and I think it might make the game a bit more challenging, depending on who you run into while playing the game. My only issue with the game being an MMO is that we'd run into a handful of people trying to ruin the game for others- but that's any MMO.

3. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

Borderlands 3 as MMO? Might not be the worst idea ever, but it's probably not going to happen. Maybe some kind of reboot with a lot of customization and modding, that would be pretty cool.