OFFICIAL: Character Saves.

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by Sacridfire, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

What would you guys think of adding character saves to the forum for people that don't want to spend the time to level another character?

There would be some limitations on them of course.
    1. Must be level 50 (obviously)
    2. All Playthrough 2 quests must be completed and turned in
    3. The character can't be holding any items
    4. No mods of any sort on the character
    5. If it contains completed DLC it must be included in the description.
    6. Must have 0 seraph crystals/torgue tokens.
    This list is not final and any amount of changes may or may not happen.

Access limitations
    1. Requires X amount of posts on the forum to gain access.
    2. All links will be strictly moderated. Any hint of malware/spyware will result in an instant ban and you will be reported to the upload site.
    This list is not final and any amount of changes may or may not happen.

This would prevent new players from using it to skipping to endgame by the lack of gear, and the veteran players wouldn't be able to use the save to pick up any quest items they missed.

The forum(access) limitations would be in place to keep these links as safe as possible and to make it feel like a reward for using our site.

2. Sacridfire

Please share any ideas or suggestions you have in this thread. I am currently in the process of checking the legality of this. I highly doubt there will be an issue, but it is better to be on the safe side.

Edit: Depending on interpretation it could be considered a touchy subject. Since we aren't redistributing the game itself and aren't using it to make money, I see no problem with it. Just be aware that if Gearbox for some reason asks us to stop providing character saves, we will stop immediately and any future attempts at giving out saves will result in an infraction.

#2 Sacridfire, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
  3. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

How would this work on xbox? Recovering gamertag(s)?

4. Sacridfire

It would be as easy as copying a save to a flashdrive, uploading it to mediafire or another upload site and providing the link for another player to download and copy to their hard drive.

5. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

That would make a lot more sense.
    It would save me the time of getting my Assassin and Siren to level 50 haha.

6. Sacridfire

I want it to work in a way that it won't be like handing somebody a level 50 on a platter. The characters won't have any items or spent talent points and all quests will be completed so that they can't be used to farm quest drops. Basically if you don't have a level 50 or level 50 friends the characters will be pretty much useless.

7. bapx17

bapx17 New Member

I think it be more fun to have a lvl 50 that has not any of the quest or anything like that, I have a 2 lvl 50 that I get to start from the "off the train" I like this cause I get to make my badass points even higher then what they are now, I think if someone has money or guns or pinkys lol, then leave them in there, it don't have to be full just two guns or 100,000 in cash or anything, but yea lol this is me :D

8. Sacridfire

That would defeat the purpose entirely. These aren't supposed to be freebie characters. It would just be a way to skip the leveling process and provide your own equipment from an existing character. The quests would have to be completed so somebody couldn't just download the save and farm every quest gun.

9. FPSPearce

FPSPearce PyroPearce the Invincable

would this just work for pc? just curious

10. Alien FireFly

Alien FireFly Alien Overlord V.I.P

You can also do this on Xbox. Not sure about ps3? For Xbox all you have to do is change the ids within the save to your ids and it will work very simple todo. I have actually given someone a copy of all my game saves for Dead Island one time. A friend on live I played Dead Island with alot. Some how all his saves crapped out on him and instead of him having to start from scratch I emailed him all my characters and explained how to change the ids in a party on Xbox Live. So I guess something like a bank of Borderlands 2 games save could be a good thing for situations like this..

11. FPSPearce

most of that went over my head. im not too educated in computer lingo and so on. but i do understand what you are getting at i think. as long as it work for xbox im good. and it would be nice for pc as well. and out of curiosity. would we be able to do this with gaige if we didnt have the mecro pack? if we could just get this and not have to pay for the mecro pack i could see how we could get in some legal trouble.

12. Alien FireFly

Im not sure it would work with the mecro or not. When downloading mecro at same time it updated the game to make her compatible with main game. She has her own loot aswell like class mods and such so if you didnt download the character from gearbox it may not work. Good question though.

13. FPSPearce

im not looking for any free characters and im sure sacrid doesn't want this to turn into that. so there might have to be some way to prove that you have the pack or it might be like you said where you cant play as the character unless you have bought it

14. Alien FireFly

If your interested there is a ton of info on how to change ids on the internet. Just google "how to change xbox game save ids" if I was at my desktop pc I would search one down and post it for you.

15. FPSPearce

and the save id is how you would download this new character?

16. Sacridfire

It would work for all 3 systems.

17. Sacridfire

This would not allow you to access DLC you don't have. Which is why one of the requirements is to list whether or not the character has been in the DLC.

18. FPSPearce

makes sense to me. if you can do it then i say do it. seems like a great idea

19. bapx17

bapx17 New Member

@ Sacridfire I wanted to know once I get my guys done were I have nothing on them ect, am I able to give you the link for people to download them or what I'v been working on all 5 of them and I'm all most done, so I was jw

20. FPSPearce

i think it is a little more complicated than that sadly.