Do you think we'll get Borderlands 3 soon?

Discussion in 'Borderlands 3 Discussion' started by themusicliveson, May 17, 2016.

1. themusicliveson

themusicliveson New Member

I hope we do. I liked the Pre-Sequel and I loved Tales From the Borderlands but neither really felt like a proper Borderlands game after 2. The silence about Borderlands 3 makes me really nervous that we're going to end up waiting a long time and that sucks because the end of the Pre-Sequel and Tales looks like they're setting up something really big for Borderlands 3.

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Sadly, I don't see them releasing any information on Borderlands 3 soon. I have to agree with you that the spin off games they've released in the Borderlands Universe aren't nearly as great as the actual series. As much as I'd love for them to do Borderlands 3, there hasn't been much of a buzz on the game. I have a feeling that we will be waiting a long time for a release date or even news that they are working on getting us a release date. I'd give it about a year or two before we hear any news. :(

3. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I would love a new Borderlands game that has the same original feel to it, maybe we'll hear something from the developers at the game conferences this summer.

lexinonomous likes this.
  4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

You make a really good point. I completely forgot about conferences coming up this summer. We might get a bit of news on Borderlands 3, but I still feel like we won't hear anything within the next year or so. Sadly, they like to deprive their fans until the breaking point. I feel like I waited forever for Borderlands 2 to be released.

5. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

Borderlands 3 surely felt like a long wait, it was unfortunate, but at least the game was really good and I still play it to this day when I'm bored.

lexinonomous likes this.
  6. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

I think you mean Borderlands 2 and if so, it was the wait of a lifetime. In all reality, it wasn't that bad of a wait, but it felt like an eternity. I'm glad that they take their time with the series. I would hate for them to release a rushed game with tons of bugs and a terrible storyline. It might be a wait, but so long as we're waiting, the more work is going into it.

7. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins New Member

Well I don't think it's going to come soon to be honest. There have been quite a few titles in the series so far, soo wouldn't be surprised to see them give it a break. When it comes out I hope it's a lot like borderlands 1,which was my favorite.

8. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

Yeah, I meant Borderlands 2. I don't mind waiting because that ensures we don't get games in quick succession that ruin the franchise, like Assassin's Creed, a game that should've ended a long time ago but they're still milking the money.

borderman2 likes this.
  9. borderman2

borderman2 New Member

Yes, definitely. It's going to be an amazing game.

10. borderman2

borderman2 New Member

Yes, you are right. They are still making tons of money.

11. borderman2

borderman2 New Member

I know that the release date has no been published but it is going to be released pretty soon.

12. borderman2

borderman2 New Member

I hope the same. I think they would definitely launch something interesting this summer.

13. netekahe

netekahe New Member

I am eagerly waiting for the launch.

14. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I don't think they would launch anything this summer, but they'll probably tease us with a little gameplay demo, to get the talks going online. Companies love to stir up hype.

15. netekahe

netekahe New Member

Yes, you are right. I also don't think that they would launch anything this summer.

16. blfan75

blfan75 New Member

My guess is it will be released late 2017. Gearbox just finished and released Battleborn last month, and if I had to guess a majority of the company was working on that game, which doesn't leave much for Borderlands 3. I think we'll probably get the official announcement of the game sometime this year, though.

17. heenmade

heenmade New Member

Yes, you are right. They are not going to launch anything this summer. We have to wait a little more.

18. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

The long wait may be over as far as Borderlands 3 goes - and you hear so much about this game being announced at the Pax East, being held in Boston, Massachusetts on March 28, in a few days.

19. john kendricks

I really do hope the wait is over as it's been too long

20. xyrene

xyrene Member

I agree, it should be released before the year ends.