E-Tech: A Love/Hate Relationship

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by .Nameless., Feb 1, 2013.

1. .Nameless.

.Nameless. New Member

I don't know about you, but I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with E-Tech weapons. There are some that I like, and others I find to be useless and leave me scratching my head in question. The ones I have the biggest problem with are the E-Tech Shotguns. Why turn them into a Grenade Launcher? Those already exist in Assault Rifles, and in my opinion the Assault Rifle GL's are much better. The only real advantage the E-Tech Shotgun has over them is that it's elemental, and there are some that lob out more than one grenade for the cost of firing once (most I've seen is 3), but that's not really worth it (especially since Dahl GL's already burst-fire). I'd rather have the E-Tech Shotgun be more like the TK's Wave shotgun from the 1st Borderlands, or maybe like the Chemical Sprayer grenades. What changes do you think could be made to make E-Tech weapons better?

2. Murkface13

Murkface13 V.I.P. Member

I have really never used any kind of E-tech weapon, just nothing that blew my mind and made it better then other weapons I had. Kind of pointless I guess.

3. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

I wish they would've just brought back the eridian weapons. Eridian Cannon, that is all.

4. .Nameless.

.Nameless. New Member

The Eridian Shotgun was better than the current E-Tech Shotguns. Altough I don't miss the low ammo and ridiculous recharge time of Eridian weapons, I'd rather have some of them over some of the E-Tech.

5. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

Never found the Eridian Weapons too useful myself. Maybe we'll see them in a later DLC? For me, E-tech SMGs are generally pretty good, ARs are ok and Shotguns are awful.

6. icewavex79

icewavex79 New Member

That Eridian Cannon was a BEAST!! Though I don't miss the ridiculous recharge rate, as long as you kept your distance, enemies couldn't run up on you. As for the shotguns, I find the splatguns rather useless except for maybe in close quarters, i.e. enemies in a room or near a corner. Other than that, I love those E-Tech weapons.

7. .Nameless.

.Nameless. New Member

That's pretty much how I rank the E-Tech weapons as well. The Plasma Caster SMG's are the best (the only exception being Bandit brand, which are inaccurate and the bolts dissipate after about 150ft), then it goes the the Railgun Snipers, also the Needler Pistols, followed by Assault Rifles and Rocket Launchers (the Dahl AR's aren't too good because of their shot pattern, and I haven't found enough E-Teh rockets to know how well they work), and finally the Splatguns, which are basically just Elemental Grenade Launchers.

8. Judas

Judas New Member

Totally agreed here: plasma casters rule for close and mid range and the railguns are decent snipers, but also like the blaster rifles, high damage, fire rate and large magazins

During my first visit at wildlife preserve I had a horrible time surviving, I remember finding a shock splatgun which totally saved my game haha. And I killed Warrior the first time with a bart pistol - at that time the best gun I had

Uhm... I guess I do like the E-techs - but of course no match for the legendaries.

9. moosemeat

moosemeat Pandora's Woodland Beast

I like the Plasma Caster SMG for the elemental damage and the Hyperion Splatguns with Slag element. I like launching the slag into groups and switching weapons. It makes it fun for me, at least.