elemental type for the warrior

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by beardy7819, Oct 7, 2012.

1. beardy7819

beardy7819 New Member

ok. just reached lvl. 50 with my siren. dont have any really good gear, so I have to try to play smart.

using shock boneshredder lvl. 49 to take out handsome jack`s shields, then a fire smg lvl49 (moxxis. about 3800 dmg) to try to take him out. havent achieved that yet.

but, when I get to the warrior, I need to know which element is best for defeating him, or if non-elemental weapons work best. during the first playthrough, I had some really good non-elemental lvl 29`s, so I never really tried using any elementals when I fought him then.

appreciate any help.

2. Redferrari1998

Redferrari1998 The Moderating Legend

Fire weapons are useless against the warrior, they deal almost no damage. Shock and corrosion do little more damage while explosives act normally. I don't believe you can slag the warrior either

I suggest packing a torgue assault rifle, since explosive is the only element which really does anything against the warrior.

3. beardy7819

beardy7819 New Member

have none of those, but I have a gatling gun single-shot, 8000x3 dmg. will it do the trick? or will I run out of ammo (I have bought all the sdu`s) so I have to wait for the chests to spawn?

4. Redferrari1998

Non-elemental guns will work fine against the warrior, but i still recommend find a torgue assault rifle or purchasing one from marcus

5. beardy7819

beardy7819 New Member

ok. thanks for the tip. will try to upgrade my gear a bit before trying again.

although, I do use a smg + 83% dmg mod, so a smg would be preferable.
    a torgue smg w/explosive elemental, maybe, then? or will the assault rifle still be better?

6. Redferrari1998

Torgue SMG's dont exist, and all torgue guns are explosive

7. beardy7819

beardy7819 New Member

ok. thank you very much.

8. dirty zs

dirty zs New Member

im farming the warroir right now and im using a 3 shot gattling gun and the bee shield and thats it. kill him in like 2 mins or less