Fallout 4 Was Intentionally Revealed When It Was To Please Numerous Departments Withi

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Media' started by Todd Black, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Moderator
    Staff Member

When a game is released is important, when it's announced relative to that is just as important. For Fallout 4, the game was announced officially in June, a little before E3 in fact. Then at E3 it was announced that it was going to release in November, a mere six months away at the time. Why did that happen? Well, according to Peter Hines, it was a collective decision to help please many at Bethesda. Not the least of which was Todd Howard.

“If you ask Todd he’d probably prefer like a week or even a day between announce and launch,” says Hines. “He tends to hate showing his stuff before it’s out because he’s a bit of a perfectionist and it takes a lot of time away from making the game to work on demos or presentations. It’s not that he doesn’t want to show fans what he’s making but every time he shows something he sees what’s wrong or what needs to be fixed.”

“Ultimately we landed on six months, it felt like it worked for a game like this. We felt that it was highly anticipated. Obviously Bethesda Game Studios has a stellar reputation and it is both a Fallout 3 follow-up as well as a follow up to Skyrim which is well known throughout the world, and [we knew that] Fallout 4 would be something that would have a lot of buzz and noise around it and we didn’t need as long as you might for some other titles to kind of build that interest to launch.”

Well needless to say, fans are excited! So we'll see how it all...falls out...when the game releases on November 10th.

2. divitorobert

divitorobert New Member

I wish we hadn't sold our newly bought PS4 a couple months ago, now we only have a PS3 :( I don't think I'll be playing it anytime soon though, my laptop wouldn't be able to handle it (the pains of being laptop gamer), but maybe next year when things start looking up we might get a PS4 again, this time we will keep it and I will get to check the crating system of this game! Looking forward to seeing what kind of things can be created in the game :D