Initial impressions of the franchise?

Discussion in 'Borderlands 1 and Future Titles' started by fuzyon, Sep 1, 2015.

1. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I couldn't really get into Borderlands 1 when I first played it. It just seemed boring to me, but I started to advance through the missions and I actually started to like it more and more.

2. roydominic33

roydominic33 New Member

I think it also had a very sluggish start but I became absolutely hooked into it after the first three missions. The franchise is one of those games which you would remember with that knowingly fond grin on your face. It's hilarious and it's the kind of game I could talk about with a partner for hours.:)

3. rookeh

rookeh New Member

I said this already a few times, but I initially disliked the franchise because of the art style. It seemed like it was straight from a comic book and somehow that didn't appeal to me. Of course, back then, there was a huge focus on realistic graphics and I kinda guess there is one now as well, but it actually feels refreshing to play a game that's different in that regard.

Anyway, my first impression after playing the game for an hour or two is that it's awesome! I have actually never played a game which blends FPS and RPG in such a way so I'm definitely amazed. Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time to play the game and I won't play until tomorrow, but I am very much looking forward to it.

4. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

My initial impression after I had my hands on the game was quite great, but before that I had Borderlands and Rage confused so I had no idea what to expect from a quality standpoint. I never heard much good from Rage so that definitely lowered my expectations to say the least.