Maya Mass Chaos (Cataclysm Build for Maya)

Discussion in 'Character Builds' started by Sacridfire, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

Been a few days since I posted one of these and after playing the game a bit I think it's safe to say I know how things work.

Maya's Cataclysm tree is based upon causing elemental damage and allowing Phaselock to cause Area of Effect damage (AoE or AE). Being limited to only 4 weapons at once you are forced to take only 4 elemental type weapons instead of 5. I recommend taking Shock, Slag and Explosive. This will leave 1 slot open for either a Corrosive (For robots) or Fire (For organics). Your weapon of choice will be an SMG for reasons I will explain later, but you can still be deadly with any elemental weapon. For a shield I suggest you use a turtle or amp shield since you will lack defensive talents and will drop quickly under continuous fire. If you are in a pure offensive mood use a Nova shield, the top damage nova shield I have seen so far is the Firehawk shield from the cult quests. The Firehawk shield continues to pulse as long as you have no shields which will clear out enemies quickly. Unfortunately it has a serious downside to it, if you dont have a healing siren or high max health you will die alot. The class mod and relic are entirely up to you, use what best supports your playstyle. Now on to the talents.
    Note: I am including what you get per rank for those who want to make the most out of a class mod.

Cataclysm Tree. God I love saying cataclysm.
    1. Flicker increases the chance to apply elemental effects by 6% per talent point. This goes great with Maliwan weapons which generally have higher elemental damage and application rates.
    2. Foresight is in here mainly just for Chain Reaction, but it is still good on its own. 4% magazine size and 5% reload speed per point.
    3. Helios does damage to all nearby enemies when you phaselock a target. Damage increased per rank.
    4. Chain Reaction (*drools*) has an 8% chance per point to cause any BULLETS that hit your phaselocked target hit another nearby target. I'm not sure if this effect can cause elemental effects, but if somebody wants to test it I will edit this to include that info.
    5. Cloud Kill creates an acid cloud that deals corrosive damage to any enemy inside it. It is created whenever you shoot an enemy and only one can be active at a time so make your first shot count. Duration increased by 1 second per rank which is not worth improving with a class mod IMO.
    6. Reaper grants an 8% gun damage increase per point against any enemy with more than 50% health remaining. Me like damage.
    7. Blight Phoenix occurs when you kill an enemy. It causes an AoE that hits any enemy within it for fire and corrosive damage. It also gives you wings so you can lay off the Red Bull with this talent. Damage increased per point.
    8. Ruin will Slag, Electrocute and Corrode enemies nearby when you use phaselock. Gotta love All-In-One buttons.

Motion Tree
    1. Accelerate is a straight damage buff that improves Chain Reaction as well. 3% gun damage and 4% bullet speed per rank.
    2. Suspension is just here for the bonus to Chain Reaction and to grant extra time to kill your target for Sweet Release. 0.5 second duration per point.
    3. Converge, I seem to include this talent in everything, pulls all nearby enemies to your phaselocked target and deals minor damage. This will give Chain Reaction a bigger selection of targets to bounce to.

This will leave 2 leftover points I included in Sweet Release. It isn't important and you can put them anywhere you want.

Click here to see the talent calculator.

Created by: Sacridfire

#1 Sacridfire, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  2. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member