APPROVED Post Requirement for The Marketplace?

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by FearTheKick, Jan 1, 2013.

?

Do you think there should be a post requirement for The Marketplace?

1. Yes.

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. FearTheKick

FearTheKick Legend of the Badlands

What do you guys think about making the Marketplace only accessable to members with 5 posts? I think it will create more activity around the forum and prevent members from joining just for the Marketplace.

2. Alien FireFly

Alien FireFly Alien Overlord V.I.P

I have actually seen this type of thing on other forums. It could be a good or bad thing. Some people would just post random nonsense to get there count up. However to some that come here just for the market place it could help them get into the idea of sharing on a forum and could make them more active. I think that the benefit would out way the negative so I would be in favor of something like this. Im not suggesting any numbers but the other sites I have been on had a minimum requirement of 10 post to access some sections.

#2 Alien FireFly, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  3. FearTheKick

We would be sure the emphasize that spamming to the post limit will get you in trouble. But thanks for the input as always Alien.

4. Alien FireFly

No Problem

5. Redferrari1998

Redferrari1998 The Moderating Legend

This is a feasable idea as long as the requirement is within the junior member evolution. However, we already have a lot of features with require a minimum amount of posts, like youtube sponsership, marketplace stickies, MOTM entry, VIP group egilable entry and even the ability to put links in our posts.
    Most people have already gone past the stage for these features but for new guys who just want to use the marketplace for their business, it could be a nuisance. Even [/B]MY original reason for joining the forum was to set up a successful PS3 shop, and while i succeeded at this goal, it took time, but i always had entry to the marketplace from the beginning.

I'm going off-track. What i'm saying is, it's a possibility but it might drive away potential shopkeepers and customers for current shop owners. I did vote yes but i'm a little iffy. You could give it a test run for a while then ask the new members what they thought of it.

6. moosemeat

moosemeat Pandora's Woodland Beast

Flip a coin. I'm fine either way. :)

7. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

How about a post limit to create threads but not to post in existing ones. It would encourage one time users to use shops instead of opening a new thread.

8. Alien FireFly

Yeah this would make sense but what if the person was playing the game and needed help on something. Say if they were stuck at some point and needed some advice on how to proceed they would have to build a post amount before they could post there question. I think we are here for situations like this. We could promote that we are here to help if you have any questions but If you want to browse the selection of the shops you would need to be a active member of the forum. I believe the purpose of forums like this are to share and help people when it comes to Borderlands 2. If a person wants to know where to farm a baby maker we should be here to help them but if the want to take an easier path and barter for it then they should have to meet a certain requirement.

9. moosemeat

moosemeat Pandora's Woodland Beast

You could start off posting a stickied thread encouraging people to look at the shops before openning a thread. And tell them to never send moosemeat blank friend requests unless they have contacted him.......lol I get a ton of them!

10. Sacridfire

It would only apply to the marketplace. General would stay the same.

11. Alien FireFly

If thats the case then cool. Lol. I must have misunderstood. Can you do this?

12. Sacridfire

Can do it easily.

13. Alien FireFly

Alright then. Lol. Lets do it.

14. Sacridfire

We'll give it a test run. I will get it set up in about an hour.

15. FearTheKick

Be sure to leave a short blurb about the post limit in the forum description.

16. Sacridfire

Theres a forum announcement in there.

17. MorbidMobius

MorbidMobius The Lord of Slag

so what has been the verdict on this post limit? imo the post limit shouldn't be 5 but either 15 or 20...lets people linger around a little bit maybe even get to know some of us and then we give them reasons to stay or even hang out a little more. then of course by that time they hopefully like us and then start using the marketplace as a little bonus

18. aFunnyFatGuy

aFunnyFatGuy Badass with a Badassitude

i think the number of posts needs to be increased. i see aa lot of people spam post the same thing just to get the required five.

19. Sacridfire

I'll raise it up to 10. I don't want the limit to be high enough for people to feel the need to spam, but it can't be low enough for people to completely ignore existing threads.

20. frontstmaui

frontstmaui New Member

I think I actually joined before the ruling. Grandfathered if you will. I admit I have spent a good amount of time in the market, but after getting some words of advice, find myself more and more in other areas of the forum. I live in Hawaii and work nights so it is not often I can get online to co-play as much as I would like. With that said, I can see how people would want to come here strictly for the market and full members would expect/hope for more participation than that....