Preferred Combat Style?

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by TheArticulate, May 27, 2017.

1. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

How do you guys approach combat in Borderlands? Are you an up-close-and-personal shotgun type of player, or are you someone who prefers to stay at a distance with a sniper rifle?

I chose the assassin class when I started Borderlands 2, and I've found that I prefer to use a sniper rifle and fight from a distance as opposed to be up close and personal. I do, however, try to always keep one of every weapon type on me: shotgun, sniper, pistol, SMG or rifle. I also like to try and make sure each of these weapons has a different "augmentation" if you will. One corrosive weapon, one shock weapon, etc.

2. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Member

Come up close to the enemy with a shotgun, and blow his face off! This is an approach I have in almost every videogame, not just Borderlands. I like shotguns, they are fast and powerful weapons, and the fact that you have to be really close to your enemy to effectively use it make it just a lot cooler.

3. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I choose Zer0 as I often like hits that are not too close and not too far either. I want the best of both worlds so I thought I would go for somewhere in between using a sniper. I like how powerful he is too as I can one shot some of the bosses, but I find it challenging to go through mobs with him.

4. Chichi

Chichi New Member

Up close and personal is always fun for me. Nothing beats the feeling of taking down the enemy in front of you rather than from a distance away. That's how I like to play Borderlands and other similar games.

5. andandand3

andandand3 Member

I mostly go between the hand to hand and then the long distance sniper. It all just depend son what sort of mood I am in and how the day has been going.