Regarding difficulty.

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by Sinriel, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Sinriel

Sinriel New Member

Hello, I am playing as Salvador, on my way to Sanctuary. I usually like my game to be extremely demanding, almost close to impossible to succeed; so, I tried to find difficulty slider, as it reads somewhere that it's on "Normal", but I wasn't able to find it, nor do I remember being asked when I started the game which difficulty I wanted. So, two questions.

1. Can it be changed?
    2. If not, I am guessing this is just the basic beginning of the game, thus made quite easy and it's gonna get harder. I died just once and not even at the boss fight, but because I was playing with his dual-wielding ability and got lost for a moment.
    3. Any other way to make game harder? Did not play Borderlands 1, so I don't know if the game is moddable?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

2. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

Borderlands works like diablo. The more players you have the tougher the monsters get. After you complete the game once you unlock Playthrough 2 which is increased difficulty.

3. Sinriel

Sinriel New Member

I play solo, ESPECIALLY Diablo. :)

Not the type of games I enjoy playing with others (Co-Op.)

Now, Quake 2... is a different story.

4. Sadhu

Sadhu New Member

Yeah, I wish we could add more enemies in solo play. It's too easy as it is. :/

5. Sinriel

Sinriel New Member

Also, regarding vehicles - they seem to be close to indestructible????

6. Sinriel

Sinriel New Member

I mean, in a vehicle against 10+ Bullymongs, while being trapped and unable to move, and not a scratch.... wtf... ;((( I want challenge...

7. natethefiasco

natethefiasco New Member

how about jumping out of the vehicle?

8. Sacridfire

If you are expecting a challenge in the start of the game on playthrough 1 you are going to be extremely disappointed. Oh and this game was designed entirely around multiplayer there is going to be alot you can't solo later on.

9. beardy7819

beardy7819 New Member

use shitty guns, or just dont do a lot of the side missions. its a lot harder when youre a couple of levels lower than required. I walked through the entire zombie island dlc of b1 three levels below normal, and it was really hard.

10. Sinriel

Sinriel New Member

I'm sorry, but I don't like restraining myself in such ways; all I ask for is a simple slider to make enemies tougher, not make me weaker, especially not but SKIPPING parts of the game so I'll be weaker. I don't think you can defend that point of view.

Also, I enjoy riding my car... but it's regaining health?! And if I am right, vehicles are free??

I enjoy the game so far, it's extremely enjoyable playing it. But some flaws make it way too easy and I am wondering whether patch can/will solve it or a mod.

P.S. Also, enemies AI... rushing at me for no reason, and then, sometimes, if just one of them is left, he keeps patrolling around the house as if nothing happened.

11. NICCSACC666

NICCSACC666 New Member

sell the game and buy another harder game then. nobody is going to hold your hand or weep for your issue, bud. GL with that!

12. Sinriel

Sinriel New Member

Wow, you're so smurt, such a (Solomon's) fair judgement.

Edit: Actually, it's my mistake; I registered on first forum that came after Google search and thought this is the official one; I was hoping for a response which might have some insight into how things (might) change. Nothing to add, I guess, discussion closed. I'll keep on weeping.

#12 Sinriel, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
  13. Sacridfire

Was that really necessary? He had a question about how the game works, there is absolutely no reason to insult him about it.

Anyways to the OP. As far as I know there are no plans to add a difficulty slider to the game. You can always have a friend join and AFK it to increase the difficulty.

14. NICCSACC666

NICCSACC666 New Member

"I'm sorry, but I don't like restraining myself in such ways; all I ask for is a simple slider to make enemies tougher, not make me weaker, especially not but SKIPPING parts of the game so I'll be weaker. I don't think you can defend that point of view.

Also, I enjoy riding my car... but it's regaining health?! And if I am right, vehicles are free?? "

^^ looks like he was trolling for an argument to me...SMH

15. jedi5diah

jedi5diah New Member

it gets more interestingly diff as you progress thru...too early for you to judge that...

16. ballbabyjin

ballbabyjin New Member

this game gets difficult just like mostly every other game in the world the beginning is going to be easy for those who are new to the game so just chill and play the game