Rocket League

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by lexinonomous, May 17, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

I'll be the first to admit that I talked infinite amounts of trash about Rocket League prior to playing. I assumed that the game was boring and played out. I was under the impression that the game was trash and that I wouldn't enjoy any of it. I was surprised when logging into my steam to find that someone had purchased it for me to try. I gave it a try and now I'm a bit addicted to the game.

Rocket League lets the player play through different sports arenas in basketball, soccer, and hockey mode. The player can select the amount of people they would like to be matched with. The catch is that instead of using people to play the sports we know and love- you use race cars to move the ball/puck across the field.

The only downside to this game is that there seem to be a lot of "speed hackers" and cheaters.

Does anyone else play this game?

2. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins New Member

I really love this game, lol. It has been one of my favorites so far this year, and may even end up being my favorite steam game I own! The game play is always so intense and fun, and I get such a thrill out of hitting the ball in midair to either score, or deflect the ball out of my own goal. I would recommend it to anyone who is on the verge of buying it.

3. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

That's really awesome! Surprisingly, a lot of people aren't familiar with the game when I bring it up in conversation. It's gained a lot of popularity, but it seems to only be familiar to the people who have "Friends of friends" that play. I cannot stress enough how rewarding it is to finally hit a ball midair, ha ha. I finally gave into buying it and it was one of the best decisions I ever made, ha ha.

4. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I play it sometimes, it was an impulse buy back when it first appeared and I don't regret it at all. The game has been growing rapidly and it's really fun.

5. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins New Member

Yeah I think rocket league is one of those games that a lot of people might have heard the name, but never get around to playing. For that reason you will have a hard time finding someone to talk about with it