What makes Borderlands unique?

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by lexinonomous, May 26, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Borderlands is a wonderful game full of action, comedy, and so much more. The game has a huge following. Many people claim to love the game and have spent many hours playing through missions, replaying through missions, and simply running around causing mayhem. I have always wondered what it is about Borderlands that made me love the series so much? It's unique in it's own way. The art style is unlike other games.

What do you think makes Borderlands unique?

2. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

The basic direction, both in terms of art style and dialogue lure you in and snap, your harangued into spending countless hours grinding for loot:) But what makes it unique for me is the sense that the world is more of a play ground where the interactions themselves mean more than any conclusion, whether plot or upgrade wise. I can have a friend over and instead of fretting about league play or k/d, we can just mess around and geek out over a loot drop. Is there any long term benefit in the game from that drop? Most likely not , but they've successfully modified my experience to keep it feeling fresh.

3. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

In my opinion, the amazing graphics of the game makes it unique.

4. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

Really? Countless hours?

5. Rhodes

Rhodes New Member

Not sure there's any one thing that makes it unique, but it's a unique combination of a lot of things especially the graphics. That's for sure.