A Specific Question About Getting A Legendary To Drop (Please Read)

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by Rdgxxwalrusxx, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Rdgxxwalrusxx

Rdgxxwalrusxx New Member

Does anyone know if killing a boss (bunk3r, warrior) or sub-boss (laney, rat brothers, Saturn, etc.) while either using a vehicle (the weapon of the vehicle, gunner or driver) OR your action skill (deathtrap, sabre turret) lowers or in any way affects the drop rate for a legendary item?

I personally have never seen a legendary drop (from the dozens I've farmed) while using either method so I am always weary of pulling out my action skill while the enemy is about to die.

Or if I see King Mong spawn I always get out of the car to kill him instead of using the weapons of the car.

Lastly, there's a bit of a rumor goin' round that disabling your badass stats temporarily while killing a boss will improve legendary drop rate?

I have done a bit of research and I can't seem to find anyone who has asked these questions. Maybe the community can verify/deny any of these questions?

I myself am going to try and get a drop using only my action skill in play through 1 and I will post results. If people can chime in and help answer these questions it would be great.

2. Redferrari1998

Redferrari1998 The Moderating Legend

Just keep shooting bosses in the face repeatedly and eventually the legendary will drop.

To answer your actual question, i did notice while farmin McNally that i got better loot when killing him on foot than in a vehicle but gearbox says nothing about it

3. Rdgxxwalrusxx

Rdgxxwalrusxx New Member

I understand shooting them in the face is the way to go... BUT, I still want to know if anyone has actually gotten a legendary by either method.

4. jesus123456

jesus123456 New Member

I've got 3 legendary guns on foot from boss before.

5. Rdgxxwalrusxx

Rdgxxwalrusxx New Member

Either being by vehicle or action skill

6. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

Vehicles I'm pretty sure give reduced everything. Action skill doesn't affect it in any way.

7. Rdgxxwalrusxx

Rdgxxwalrusxx New Member

So in theory, I could let Deathtrap do all the work and it wouldn't affect the drop rate whatsoever?

8. Redferrari1998

Redferrari1998 The Moderating Legend

Yep