A Warning

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by BlargleFarg, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BlargleFarg

BlargleFarg New Member

This is a message to all you kind people out there.

As you probably know, many players on this forum including myself, have been duplicating Legendary weapons and items for others. This is simply for the benefit of others and I get great satisfaction from helping others out. But back to it.

Today I was scammed. Now i'm not trying to start a s*** war against anybody on this forum or trying to make you sympathetic. This post is simply to warn others of some very rude people. Now I know that duplicating is a glitch/exploit and is certainly one taken at your own risk, but I need to tell people about the dangers, if you don't already know.

I entered a game after this user asked me to dupe them a Conference Call and a few other Legendary's. They did not have any other Legendary gear so I duped them the majority of my inventory. The user was asked to leave the weapons where they were until I rejoined the game(a precaution i take to make sure my weapons are still there). Then, suddenly, he kicked me. Now as you must know, kicking somebody saves their game, and as a result, I lost most of my inventory(which was all Legendary).

I did not post this for sympathy, nor did I post it to sound like a little complaining child. To all you generous people out there, learn from my mistake. Take care while duping for others. Make sure you can trust them. This is the internet so obviously it can be difficult to learn about others. I hope none of you come across this issue, because losing your entire inventory and hours of work is not the most fun thing to try in Borderlands.

Thanks for reading, I'm off to go farm bosses.. again ;)

Peace
    BlargleFarg_

2. James1181

James1181 New Member

I've got the bee shield and I think it's the slag cc if they're any good to you?

3. Beg-Me-4-Mercy

Beg-Me-4-Mercy New Member

Blargle I have seen a lot of your posts helping people out man add me I got a few legendaries it's the least I could do.
    PSN BeG-Me-4-MeRcY

4. skill-explicit

skill-explicit New Member

I got some bro, hit me up

5. daleweed

daleweed New Member

Hey man. The other day you duped me your inventory off your commando. I can dupe it back to you if you want, maybe it's the same stuff you lost. Let me know.

6. daleweed

daleweed New Member

By the way, I started backing up my characters onto a USB drive. That way if someone does this to you you still have all your stuff. Its pretty easy to do on the PS3.

7. yadango

yadango New Member

Wow, that really sucks... most people are really nice though. Did you submit his username to that one thread to mark scammers?

8. James1181

James1181 New Member

Bit cheeky but do you think you'd be able to dupe them for me please?

9. PwnZAonline

PwnZAonline New Member

I would suggest backing up your save, everytime you get a new legendary, just pop your save game data on a usb, i do that all the time, been scammed quite a bit, but just reuploaded the save!
    works like a charm! :)

10. endplanets

endplanets New Member

Oh damn, that sucks. It doesn't even make sense as to why he would do that.
    One way to limit the loss of items is to plug in another Xbox/PS3 controller and use that to dupe items and to store those dupes.
    Or save the character on a memory card.

11. jorgea

jorgea New Member

Warning

Thanks for sharing this kind warning for others to use