Hitman Will Ensure "Dark Humor" Helps Diffuse Violent Elements?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Media' started by Todd Black, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Let's be honest, with a game literally titled "Hitman", you're going to be killing a lot of people. Some intentionally, some possibly not. And that can make the game a bit dark, if not dark in full. What's the solution? Humor! What else? Or at least that's what IO Interactive stated in a demo at Gamescom.

“We take these realistic environments and we spice them up with what we’d say is the Hitman humour,” Hannes Seifert says. “We need that because you’re an assassin at the peak of his career; it’s a sinister job but with the humour it makes it very entertaining. It doesn’t make it so dark. That is something that I think is a trademark of what Hitman is.”

“We try to have this abstract, realistic style. I do not believe in full realism for a game like that; it would be too grim. Also, I think ethically speaking that would not be okay. It needs to be very apparent that this a game; a game that wants to entertain a mature audience. It’s not a game for children; we are very clear about that. Our players are, like 30-plus, right? We have lots of fans that have been with the series for a long time, and that is something we always need to take into account.”

What do you think of this? Is humor good for a game like this? Let us know.

You can check out the breakdown from the full demo here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/07/gamescom-2015-hitman-brings-back-the-best-of-blood-money

2. Nattsurf

Nattsurf New Member

Totally agree! Love it when this kind of games have some great humor in them, it definitely helps lighten up. I actually wish they had done that with a couple of my favorite games - Amnesia & Penumbra comes to mind! Looking forward to playing this one , it's so cool you can make people unconscious instead of finishing them off , great call. I wonder if all episodes are already out :eek: