New Character Class, Use for Eridium, and Level Cap!

Discussion in 'Borderlands2Forum.com Announcements' started by FearTheKick, Oct 25, 2012.

1. FearTheKick

FearTheKick Legend of the Badlands

http://www.examiner.com/article/bor...ses-a-raised-level-cap-bank-slots-and-eridium

Check out this article from Examiner which announces a brand new character class, new uses for eridium, more bank slots, and a raised level cap!

2. DopeOpz

DopeOpz New Member

Gearbox knows how to do things right! Hard to find in a company nowadays...super pumped!!!!!!!

3. Stormy31

Stormy31 New Member

jeeezzz, me happy! :D

Gonna be epic!

4. Ktuck

Ktuck New Member

I want a tank class, though one that looks cool not brick leathered up gimp look,i want full armored beast look, also he should have a "lock up" ability where he slows down alot but he can suck up thousands of bullets.

5. moosemeat

moosemeat Pandora's Woodland Beast

More bank/backpack slots and uses for eridium would be nice. I wish they could make some exchange in currency between eridium and cash (perhaps 50 eridium=$1,000) or something like that so we could cash in unused eridium.

6. Redferrari1998

Redferrari1998 The Moderating Legend

This guy messaged Randy asking if there was ever going to be an 'archeologist which releases velociraptors as its skill' and Randy replied 'before this tweet, zero. After this tweet, none zero'

So, an archeologist with releases velociraptors, huh. Sounds cool (a velociraptor is a type of dinosaur, in case you didn't know)

7. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

Please provide a link to that. I'm reading that as Randy saying there is no chance for it.

8. FearTheKick

FearTheKick Legend of the Badlands

Yeah, I think he's saying it's not gonna happen haha.

9. Redferrari1998

Redferrari1998 The Moderating Legend

#9 Redferrari1998, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  10. targe69

targe69 Banned

I heard there going to have injectors to help spawning vermivorous the invincible. They take eridium to buy. and u inject the varkid pods to increase the chance of spawning him.

Heard from a couple buddys so no proof or link. just thought it was a great idea.

personally i would like to see different loot relics. Examples are +1 to weapon drops, +1 to equipment drops, and +1 to skin drops. sound like to much but i believe it would work out perfect with what the legendary drop rates are.

11. Stormy31

Stormy31 New Member

That would have been awesome!!1111

Been trying to get him for a hour not too long ago with out luck, doing the steps on the guide on youtube..

12. targe69

targe69 Banned

Dang your ps3. was going to say i could help but ill explain how i do it. The key to doing it is not waiting on them to pod. Basically if you don't see a varkid pod within 5-8mins, 99% percent chance he isn't going to again. So just kill the batch and start a fresh batch. Before i used this trick i got him to spawn twice per week, farming him 2-3 hours a day. Once i started to use the trick i got him to spawn 10-15 times a week, still only farming him 2-3 hours a day. Everyone i play with uses this trick and says it has helped a lot. so i am sure if u stick with this 5-8 min guideline it will improve and quicken your vermivorous farming.
    If you have any more questions feel free to pm me anytime. that goes for anyone else also.

13. targe69

targe69 Banned

oh couple other things.
    1)shooting the varkids will not get them to pod faster.
    2)Having more varkids only increases your chances because you have more varkids that pod. i have got him to spawn off of 3 varkids in 5 mins.
    3)kill the blood varkids because they can never turn into vermivorous. they will only be giving u false hope.
    4)you do not need 4 players. i have got him to spawn by myself. i was crazy lucky but it is possible.

14. Vicous

Vicous New Member

the arch class was a cool idea but I think it would be way too soon for that idea to come to life, Im sure they had some others already in mind, Ive loved borderlands and it has alot of possibilities so Im sure we will be surprised in a good way and not so much in a omg that was a shart way

15. targe69

targe69 Banned

Yea i have faith in gearbox to make the right moves. mechromancer was nice because now my girlfriend has easier character to play with :D. Which i truly believe that is why they made the character, other than for people who play by themselves. Anyway i am sure gearbox already has a firm idea on what they are going do and i am very eager to find out.

16. Bridgetn88

Bridgetn88 New Member

What about a fussion skill (fuse = 2 into 1) where in this case 2 players combine special abilities for say 10seconds, and both get the others main ability, with a side of their own. SO zer0 + maya = sorta how Lilith was - or Gaige + Axton = a beast tank hybrid gun blazing giant! - or for the gunzerker lovers - Salvadore + Zer0 could = ghost-zerker where it spawns 2 or 3 stationary "clones" that auto-target and blast teh CRAP outa the feild.

Could be a crazy ADD induced hell free-for-all - granted 10seconds will go by fast, I dont think you would want a full party having much more time else hit could get old real quick face-melting once every few minutes haha - good idea? bad idea? crazy chick who thinks way outside the box after watching too much DBZ and wanting a "Gotanks" ability in borderlands>? @_@

17. stucklikechuck

stucklikechuck New Member

i think that would be an awesome idea!! I really wished that Zero had some sort of Phase lock ability with his Hologram.

18. OKYouLead

OKYouLead New Member

Hoarding - Need Help!

It is incredibly painful to sell off perfectly good weapons, shields and mods just because the bank is small and the backpack constrained. Here's hoping hoarders like us will be vindicated. In the meantime, is it foolish to start some new games with new characters to bank some of the weapons with them?