occupation thread.

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Dirty Bigsby, Jan 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Dirty Bigsby

Dirty Bigsby New Member

Just throwing this out here to see what people do for a living. I know borderlands is the common ground between all of us but there may be more we could relate to. I know a bunch of members are probably students so say what your going to school for. You may get some assistant from someone on here.

I skipped the college and went straight into the real world. I'm now a assistant superintendent with a general contractor doing commercial buildings.

I believe moose mentioned being in the construction field also.

2. Murkface13

Murkface13 V.I.P. Member

US Army

I'm an Air and Land NCO

Basically I construct and conduct combat airborne missions, jumping from planes and shit. As well as book land for training for companies and batteries.

3. Alien FireFly

Alien FireFly Alien Overlord V.I.P

I am a distibuter who has contracts to distribute for 2 publishing companies. Its not very exciting but I have an extreme amount of free time. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my 2 kids and wife and playing Xbox.

4. a nakedmonk86

a nakedmonk86 Professional Turtle Wrangler

I am a lead operator in an ethanol plant, which means I am a shift supervisor and run the boards and fix as many problems that arise as possible

5. FPSPearce

FPSPearce PyroPearce the Invincable

i work at chickfila! minimum wage FTW

6. VirusOnUrXbox

VirusOnUrXbox New Member

I'm a test technician. I work on fueling equipment for various airports across the world and for the military. Good job but when I leave its best to avoid open flames!!

7. Dirty Bigsby

Dirty Bigsby New Member

Another member from NC

8. VirusOnUrXbox

VirusOnUrXbox New Member

Yes sir born and bred good ol Carolina boy even though I'm real close to Virginia

9. Murkface13

Murkface13 V.I.P. Member

There is alot of NC members on here.

10. Dirty Bigsby

Dirty Bigsby New Member

Same here, never lived outside of the county. Murk is down towards the coast and bamfscarecrow is about an hout from me.

11. VirusOnUrXbox

VirusOnUrXbox New Member

What part of Carolina you from i grew up near Greensboro bout 2 hours from Charlotte

12. Alien FireFly

Alien FireFly Alien Overlord V.I.P

I live in South Carolina specifically Aiken County. Just a few minutes from Georgia. For awhile I used to live in Charlotte NC near the Carolina Panthers stadium. Minutes walk from up town Charlotte where all the tall buildings are.

13. VirusOnUrXbox

VirusOnUrXbox New Member

You were at the heart of everything you could go watch the panthers lose a game... Oh how I wish they could get the 96' 97' team back. They break my heart every year lol

14. Dirty Bigsby

Dirty Bigsby New Member

I'm from mooresville area, about 20-30mins north of charlotte. Its where all the nascar teams are at.

15. VirusOnUrXbox

VirusOnUrXbox New Member

Oh fun fun NASCAR... THEY'RE GOIN LEFT!!!!! I quit watching when dale sr. Died

16. shadow_FIX

shadow_FIX [the enigma]

I'm a musician. I just finished my undergrad degree in double bass performance, and while I'm auditioning for graduate work to eventually play professionally or be a university educator, I work at a copy/design/print business.

I play all styles...orchestral/solo classical, jazz, rock, bluegrass, hip hop/RnB, death metal, reggae, country...if it pays, and it's fun, I'll play! I currently play with a professional symphony, have a couple of jazz combos I play with, and two rock bands.

17. MorbidMobius

MorbidMobius The Lord of Slag

I'm a porter/housekeeper for high rise loft apartments in downtown San Antonio. I've been around the block with different jobs going from professions like machinist to Radioshack sales associate. The place I'm at now is opening new doors for me to become a mainteance man but I just need to take the courses. Its a good stepping stone for now but what I am passionate for is having to wait which is number crunching. I want to finish going to school to be an accountant. But with the way things are going I might switch paths again before I get too old and become a graphic artist or game programmer.

18. FPSPearce

FPSPearce PyroPearce the Invincable

well we all know you are good at the graphic editing and picture editing and so on due to all of the sigs you make and the quality of them.

19. j250nyahweh

j250nyahweh New Member

Customer service rep for the local utility company. Basically sit in front of a computer and talk on the phones to people all day. Fun. Pays the bills, feeds the family, keeps a roof over our heads. I'm also a musician, well... aspiring, really, though I've been playing guitar for probably 15 years and drums for 5. I'm not pretentious enough to call myself a true musician with my admittedly limited skill and knowledge. So nothing of a professional quality. Playing local gigs, recording, making music videos (one so far, anyway) and generally enjoying making some organized noise. It's something my wife and I enjoy doing together, so we do it.

20. Swampfox933

Swampfox933 New Member

I'm a manufactured roof and floor truss designer. I design mostly residential roof trusses, but lately here in Washington commercial building is starting to boom. So I've been working on a few monster apartments and Hotels.