There's one thing that drives me insane about this game...

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 General' started by Librom, May 13, 2015.

1. Librom

Librom New Member

So, as the title say, one thing really bothers me about the game...

It's the plot. It's full of holes and dumb things (why blow up a bridge to lower it when we have flying vehicles, for example!).

But what bothers me most about this, is how extremely annoying it gets to have to sit through dialogues when replaying. I've played the game dozens of times both on 360 and on Vita (which is a crappy port, but that's another discussion). Yet they always make me sit through the dialogues! I've almost got them burned into my head! I want it to stop! Just let me go shoot people and get loot! I don't care about the story, I've already seen it unfold dozens of times!

Sadly, this wasn't fixed in The Pre-Sequel, we still can't skip dialogues... I think it would be a fantastic feature, because the game gets sickening to play when you have to sit through the dialogues so many times.

Anyway, is anyone else bothered by this? Or maybe, is there something else that bothers you about this game? It's a great game, but it still has some flaws, it's good to talk about them so that the developer might fix them for Borderlands 3.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  2. elpapalon

elpapalon New Member

The game has always been a bit on the off side when it comes to plot. I've heard my friends say it has a Mad Max/Fallout vibe which I think is pushing it. They should expand the scope of the subplots.

3. superbobby

superbobby New Member

Just enjoy the ride and don't think about the plot holes.

4. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

I agree that the plot is a little bit weird, but the gameplay is so fun, I almost forget this game has a story.

5. superbobby

superbobby New Member

A game this fun doesn't need a story.

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp New Member

It's not that big of a deal. It might be a minor annoyance for some people, but I can deal with it because the rest of the game is so incredible. The ability to skip through dialogue would be nice. I don't find it necessary, though.

7. AwakenedSoul00

AwakenedSoul00 New Member

I just love the gameplay ^^.

8. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

Yeah, the story is a little bit lackluster but I still think it's pretty cool. I definitely prefer the gameplay though.

9. teamxxlp

teamxxlp New Member

Wait, Borderlands has a story? ;)

10. teamxxlp

teamxxlp New Member

Because I just spend all of my time murdering things and progressing through levels without paying attention to much of anything that occurs outside of combat. :3

11. teamxxlp

teamxxlp New Member

I like the story in the Borderlands games, but it's not going to win awards or anything. Plus, it's not The Last of Us by any stretch of the imagination.

12. muffinman19981998

muffinman19981998 New Member

I agree completely. There are too many plot holes. I get they probably were more worried with gameplay but really, it's kind of disappointing. It would be nice to be able to skip cut scenes as well.

13. Nemesysbr

Nemesysbr New Member

Yeah, BL2 isn't exactly a shining example of creative writing. I hope they can do a better job when the third game comes out.

14. Spectre456

Spectre456 New Member

I mean, the game isn't trying to be a literary masterpiece. It's silly for the sake of being funny and that's about it. Sometimes being too critical about media messes with your enjoyment, so I just take it for what it is and have fun.

15. krnd

krnd New Member

I actually like the story though it does have some plot holes. I guess if you don't take it seriously and nitpick you could enjoy it more but to each their own. The gameplay does make up for it!

16. Siraphine

Siraphine New Member

I never played Borderlands for the plot much. There's enough plot for me to have mild character attachment, but not so much that I feel bad laughing at their misfortunes. Borderlands was never meant to be a serious game, so I try to take it with a grain (or six) of salt.

17. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

The plot holes are questionable and a matter of opinion. But the fact that we can't skip dialogues, I agree totally. It's definitely something they should have fixed because when you're replaying the game it's very annoying.

18. themusicliveson

themusicliveson New Member

I've honestly always got the impression that the story isn't really meant to be taken 100 percent seriously. I think the story is supposed to be more fun and amusing than it's supposed to be realistic. I mean, the first game barely had a story at all and nobody complained then. Borderlands is meant to be fun, not an award winning example of flawless writing.

19. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

The plot thing really doesn't bother me, it's just fun to play and keeps me entertained enough that I don't really need a good story.

20. andandand3

andandand3 Member

I am pretty sure that you could look at any game and find some big holes in them. I would say as long as you enjoy it to the point where you can look past it is the real question.