Vault Storage Glitch Workaround

Discussion in 'Modding and Game Saves' started by VinylicPuma3, Aug 22, 2013.

1. VinylicPuma3

VinylicPuma3 New Member

As of the 08/29/2013 Patch for Borderlands 2, this trick/exploit/Mod still works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer: I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that Modding on consoles is against the Console Terms of Service Agreement. If you for some reason do get caught, this forum is not responsible. This is why I'll stress that you Mod your game saves at your own risk.

One More Thing: If you do decide to do some modding, I suggest you keep a low profile. Don't ruin the game for people who want to play legitmately. Respect their decision to do so and please just use your best judgement.

Quick Suggestion: I highly recommend if you do any modding, always keep your save files on a USB. This will protect the legitimate characters you've worked so hard to level from being corrupted. That way, if you're modded characters get corrupted you can just overwrite them with fresh new saves.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's out of the way, let's get to our subject. The Vault Storage Glitch workaround.

The video i'm about to refer to you is from a Youtuber by the name of DEFTONED. He has a channel dedicated to gamesaves and has alot of great content. Go leave him a like and subscribe if you like his stuff as I will be referring ALOT of his content to you.

Go ahead and watch the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEXR5qTy588

While Deftoned uses Health Syringes in the video, this will work with any type of consumable(Eridium, Money, Ammo, Health, Torgue Tokens, Seraph Crystals). When I use it, I fill my Bank with grenades and switch them out for the new loot I find.

Once you've moved the items in game to your bank, it destroys the consumable. So after awhile, you'll have to reenter gibbed to add consumables to your vault to increase your storage space.

As you've gathered from the video, this will require the most recent version of the Borderlands 2 Gibbed Save Editor. At the time of this posting, 1.79 is the most current version. This will change as new DLC and Compatibility Packs are released and you will have to get the new editor or it will corrupt your save.

If you did decide to Mod on your console, this will require a program to view your saved games. On Xbox, this program is called Horizon. If you decide to do this: check out Spectro's thread on Gamesaves here:

http://borderlands2forum.com/showthread.php?t=4229

#1 VinylicPuma3, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
  2. AwakenedSoul00

AwakenedSoul00 New Member

This is good to know ^^.

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp New Member

Very, very interesting!

4. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

I loved that. Thank you very much for sharing the youtube link.

5. oneisgoodu

oneisgoodu New Member

I agree with you. It's one of the most interesting posts on this forum.