whats the point?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by a nakedmonk86, Jan 3, 2013.

1. a nakedmonk86

a nakedmonk86 Professional Turtle Wrangler

Ive seen lots of my friends playing minecraft but I have never seen what the point of the game is. Someone care to explain it?

2. Alien FireFly

Alien FireFly Alien Overlord V.I.P

I really couldnt tell you a point for the game. But its really a fun game. I was kinda like you are at first its not really visually impressive and I asked whats the point to. I gave it a try and for some reason I enjoyed it. It became somewhat of an addiction for awhile. Its even fun playing coop with friends on it. I really think you should try it. When it originally came out on xbox there was a demo to download. See if the demo is still there and give it a chance. You might like it.

3. Dirty Bigsby

Dirty Bigsby New Member

You can get the demo but most of my friends that tries the demo hated it. Once I convinced them to get the full game they really enjoy playing. Add me if you need any help if you decide to get it.

4. a nakedmonk86

Ok. But what do you do in game

5. Dirty Bigsby

Dirty Bigsby New Member

The guy above me explained it very well haha, you build, mine, and farm. If you like to just build creative mode is good for that. I personally like survival mode where there's a challenge of having to find food, shelter, and battle against the the spiders creepers and zombies.

6. Dirty Bigsby

Dirty Bigsby New Member

Youtube is a good place to see what its about.

7. a nakedmonk86

Hmmm...sounds interesting. Ill probably try it out at a friends house before i buy it

8. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

There really isn't a point. That is why it got so popular. Minecraft is a sandbox game where you can build or do almost anything you want. It even has modding support so there are infinite possibilities on what can be done.

9. Spectro

Spectro Recently Rezzed

Minecraft
    Mine: acquire materials for crafting
    Craft: use said materials for building/creating tools to get MORE materials
    *repeat*

10. Spectro

Spectro Recently Rezzed

Ipad screwed up and double posted. Converted this post into an apology for the unintentional spam ;)

11. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

There isn't really a point to the game. It's just fun to play and you can relax while playing it.

12. Nemesysbr

Nemesysbr New Member

Mindless repetition, really. It's a game meant to relax you, It isn't very competitive or complicated, and it also gives you enough freedom to just do what you want. It's a inherently boring game because it's meant to be relaxing, so It isn't for everyone, really.

It's been over a year since I last played it, but when I did I enjoyed digging, building, trying to create objectives for myself and whatnot. Nowadays I'm more a fan of Terraria, because o the amount of content.

Minecraft is a good game on its own right, but it's not really content-heavy, and self-imposed of objectives are simply not fun for a lot of people,

13. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

It's a sandbox game, there's no "point" to it, you can play it infinitely. It all comes down to what you do in the game, there are a lot of possibilities and things to build! :p

14. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

I honestly think it is just to have fun within the game. To explore within it and test out your abilities and skills.

15. xyrene

xyrene Member

It's a creative and strategic type of game. It's meant for the person playing it to create and strategize.

16. overcast

overcast Member

I think each game has it's own way to be viewed honestly. we can't be sure on things around in the game verses.