Your first console

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by lexinonomous, May 31, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

We all had to start somewhere. Some of my first memories playing video games took place on a PC, but I have very fond memories of my first consoles. My very first console was the Playstation 1. I had played on other consoles prior to that, but the Playstation was the first console that I owned. I would spend hours upon hours in front of the television.

What was your first console?
    Were your first video games played on the console you owned?

2. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

Hmm, my first real console was a Nintendo 64 back in the day, I used to play Mario and Duck Hunt everyday, I think I still have it laying around but without a controller.

3. ThouShalt0

ThouShalt0 New Member

When I was a kid my family got a Super Nintendo, and Donkey Kong Country to go along with it! I actually have a lot of really fond memories of that game, because it's the first game I ever really bonded with my dad over, both of us playing it and seeing who could beat it first, comparing our strategies for each level and giving advice when the other got stuck. I might never have gotten many more games for it than that - in fact, if I recall correctly, the only other game we ever had for it was The Adventures of Dr. Franken, which my dad played a LOT more than I did - but the SNES still holds a special place in my heart just because of my experiences with that one game.

4. zebali

zebali Member

My first Console was Atari 2600. It had 64 built-in games. My father bought me this console in 1995. It was really fun to play. The most favorite of Atari was River raid. I mostly played River Raid and Keystone keeper. I really miss those days.

5. Nisha

Nisha New Member

The first one was a SNES back in the late 1900's. I got it as present from my parents along with a few games. If I remember right: Super Mario World, Tetris Attack, Mega Man X2 and one of the Donkey Kongs, can't remember the name.

I was over the moon when I got it. My parents had to drag me away from it every day, haha. It just opened this whole new world for me and I loved it! Guess that's how my ''gaming'' career began.

cgrey likes this.
  6. cgrey

cgrey New Member

My console first was the regular nintendo with Mike Tyson's punchout. I miss those days with all the cheat codes...haha. That was followed by a super-nintendo and then sega genesis with the sega cd attachment. I miss my nintendo days, but now have a game emulator on my cell phone so that I can at least get my zelda and punchout fix when I need it. I love what the new systems have grown to be, but sometimes miss the simplistic features of the old gaming machines.

7. AidenBear

AidenBear New Member

My first console was the Nintendo DS was my first console. Even though it was so long ago I still remember playing Hot Wheels and Ben 10 on it. Just thinking about this makes me see that gaming has changed so much, both in terms of graphics and gameplay. So many memories with that console.

8. JonathanS

JonathanS New Member

My first ever gaming console was a Nintendo Gamecube somewhere around 2002. I started playing the Super Mario series like Melee and Brawl. Including my favorite Mario Kart Double Dash. I had three controllers, so my family and I would race each other all night long battling out! Excellent childhood memories. Other notable games include Resident Evil 4, Timesplitters 2, Spiderman 1, and SSX 3.

After Gamecube, I got into smaller gaming devices like the Nintendo SP. Then upgrading to the dual screen Nintendo DS (I felt so advanced lol). After that phase, I got into PS2 and PS3 consoles. Only to finally move onto my current Xbox one. Between that and my PC is pretty much where I am with gaming at this point.

9. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member

my first console was initially SEGA, it was a great game with cartridge inserted on the top of the gadget then it would be connected to the TV set and also to the wall socket, then the pads will be inserted to the game in other for the player either single player or multiplayer mode can be selected from the above, then the next step is to embark on the game and that is it. There are different cartridge available for consumers to purchase and play e.g Mortal Kombat, Soccer and other interesting game. now SEGA has stepped up her work and ability making different kind of PC games like Total War Series and many more.

10. john franklin

john franklin New Member

My first console was GameBoy. I bought it in 1998 for $20. It had 100 built-in games. The most famous game in it was Mario.
    I enjoyed a lot while playing this game.

I still remember that I use to play this console for hours every day. Another interesting game in GameBoy was Contra. It was a single and 2 player game. It was a famous game of its time.

11. Zyni

Zyni New Member

You don't want to know. I'm clearly older than many here. I guess it would technically be considered one of the first consoles made. It had one game and basically was the game. I wonder if anyone will guess it.

I remember Atari more though, since we had several games for it. Wow, games have certainly come a long way since then. The graphics especially, ha ha. From little squares to realistic looking items and people. It's crazy.

12. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

My brother had a Game Boy in 90s and we had a lot of fun with it. Super Mario and Mortal Kombat games mostly. Then SEGA, and after that PC. I also had a PS2 but played it only a bit. I still like PC the best.

13. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

My very first console was the Nintendo 64. I only had to games on it, Pokemon Stadium and some Mario puzzle game. I mainly played Pokemon on it and got the system when I was around 5 years old.

14. overcast

overcast Member

Anyone remmeber those cheap handhelds with black and white display? yeah those were my first consoles.

15. anyone01

anyone01 New Member

My first console I think Playstation 2. That was around 10 years ago and still I keep it like even I dont use it. The memories I made with it are priceless.

16. xyrene

xyrene Member

Never owned a console yet, but I managed to use other people's family computer, PlayStations, etc. in the past when I visit their home.

17. Annejk18

Annejk18 Member

My first console 11 years ago was Playstation. I grew up with it. In the lather years I also had Nintedo DS.

18. overcast

overcast Member

Now with mobile gaming getting more stronger, you may never need it either.

19. xyrene

xyrene Member

Probably. Mobile gaming using a touch screen can be uncomfortable.