Mass duping problem

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by targe69, Nov 29, 2012.

1. targe69

targe69 Banned

I have been on the forum for a little longer than a month and i have noticed a lot of mass duping. Now i am NOT against duping if it is a little at a time but i am very much against duping of mass quantity. In my opinion it ruins the game because legendary items are not legendary if everyone has them. A example is these free giveaways. I have been to a couple and it is people duping there whole inventory. Some of them may not look like it but that is because they dupe the items first and then give them away giving the impression that they are just giving them away and not duping them. I have farmed many legendary items and i know how long it can take. These mass dupers say they find all the items they give away but i am not a fool, it is obvious when you have free giveaways weekly of level 50 legendary items that take people months to farm. I understand people are just trying to share the wealth and i can understand as i have duped some stuff myself. I only do this with maybe 1-2 items a week and to people i feel have been unlucky in there weeks of farming. Now i understand there is no way of stopping this but we can stop people on making threads for free giveaways and from stating there willing to dupe. A trade post should only consist of what you want and what you have to give. You can decide if want to trade or dupe in game but there should be no mention of duping in any post. I only say this because i feel it hurts the reputation of the forum and brings in members who only want to use the forum to get what they want and not help anyone in return. i find it very hard to find a fellow vault hunter on here who enjoys the game for what it is and not trying to use every exploit in the game possible.

#1 targe69, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
  2. shadow_FIX

shadow_FIX [the enigma]

Man I totally understand. The thing that separates this place from the official gearbox forums is that we can talk about duping. However this kind of attitude of wanting everything, now, for free, is a problem with the latest generations of kids these days. If there's a super easy way that requires little to no effort, todays youth will always go for it. Those of us who actually play the game the way it was meant to be can get more enjoyment out of it...seriously fighting terramorphous with NO legendary weapons was hard, but a very pleasant challenge. There's no challenge in being handed legendaries...I tend to consider mass dupers to be lesser players because they need that cheated boost to be good.

Tl;dr: kids these days have add, winners never cheat and cheaters never win.

3. wilo

wilo New Member

I think you would be much happier been a member of the official gearbox forum .

They cater for people exactly like you who prefer to play within a certain play type .

I joined this forum because its a friendly realaxed place where people live and let live but if you want infactions every 5 mins and people jumping down your throat just because you use the word dupe in a thread ....then the other forum is the place to be .....

Ok ok just messing with you , but seriously this place is awesome and if people duping is your only big issue , then its a small price to pay compared to the crap you would have to put up with from the "whiter than white" sqaud at the other forum.

Best advice is just host private and play with like minded people if you want to keep thing unique within your group . I have friends who only play legit and i have friends who dupe / hack etc but i play with both and respect how each likes to play .

4. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

I'm against duping as well. The problem is people are going to do it whether we allow it or not. There are more people on the forum than you would think that don't dupe. You just don't see them because they rarely post in the marketplace section.

5. targe69

targe69 Banned

Thanks for the feedback but as i stated in my post i am not against duping when its in little quantity. In fact i encourage it as it will help those people who have nothing and are trying to farm legendary items. I do understand why some people do mass dupes or free giveaways as they feel accomplished with what they have done. But i have seen a lot of borderlands 2 players quit because they work so hard on farming legendary items and leveling up chars. Then find out that you can use a exploit in the game to get to level 50 within a hour and duplicate weapons to others. Then there are those who quit because they were given everything in the game and now have nothing to do in the game anymore. I understand that no one can make them pick up these duped items but when your trying to legit trade for one item with someone, then they just come in the game and dupe everything they have(this has happened countless of times). It gets very hard to not to take advantage of the situation. Anyways my point is that people do not have to to just outlandishly state they will dupe, they can decide that in game. What is there to take about when it comes to duping? How easy it is? To me it is something we can all stop from saying in the forum. The forum can still allow the players to do it but not allow them to mention in it in a post. Again thanks for the feedback as this was the main purpose of the post is to get people thinking and talking about it. Maybe the gearbox forum is where i belong.

#5 targe69, Nov 29, 2012
  6. targe69

targe69 Banned

Very true then maybe there should be a section for legit players? i am sure you guys have thought about this but there has to be some way we can implement this in the forum. i am tired of trying to find someone to play with on here that does not use me for my items. I can not tell you how many times i have played with someone and in our first play together ask me for some items. So i am like sure why not and then i never hear from them again. I understand its going to happen whether we like it or not but its the same on the gearbox forum. they try to fight it but what happens is people do not put duping in there post and just do it when there in game. Thus keeping it quit which is what i believe this forum can do. Sense the forum has accumulated enough members that came here for the reason to dupe, i believe if the forum implements this now that we can accumulate more legit players and hopefully have a forum that has a equal amount both of types of players.

#6 targe69, Nov 29, 2012
  7. Zeflo111

Zeflo111 New Member

Well you know you say duping takes the fun out of gaming and for you, maybe but for me and prbably a lot of other players it gives a sence of victory: cheating at a game gives you the fealing you bested gearbox and the game. If you do not like duping then simply dont do it. Anyways most poeple only dupe lvl 50 items and at that point of the game you already beat the story mode sooo... Why not beat the game entirely by gettin a little help from free guns! And then if you feel the game got boring just start a new charachter! (;

8. targe69

targe69 Banned

i mean no disrespect but you are the type of player gaming software companys hate or you just poorly worded what you wanted to say. bested gearbox? why would you want to when they took there time and money to make this wonderful game? its like if someone one made a really cool gun for you and then you shoot them in the ass with it. Your basically laughing in there face implying there stupid to do such a thing. Again no disrespect but try to view it in the programmers eyes, if it was not for them we would not have a game to play.

9. Sacridfire

Spend an hour getting powerleveled and have a friend dupe guns for you. Suddenly you are bored after 2 hours. Gearbox made $60 off selling the game.

Sounds like Gearbox won to me.

Oh and the if you don't like it, don't do it argument is horribly flawed. Where is my sense of accomplishment in killing a boss or getting a good item when thousands of other people did it through a bug or exploit? You exploiting does in fact hurt my fun whether that is your intention or not.

10. Zeflo111

Zeflo111 New Member

What i meant about besting gearbox isent that i hate gearbox or anything it's just that, well i used to have pokemon emerald on gameboy advance one time i found a poke dupe trick and i felt that i was god! At least for me duping isent about the cheat or the game itself but rather about feeling like your god. And i know poeple who play legit might feel hurt about this ( duping ) but its also feeling like you help poeple in giving them items theyve been Trying to farm for weeks. Personnaly i have a legit axton lvl 50 with 7 legendarys and farming for them just felt like i wasn't playing the game anymore i understand that instantly getting all the guns isn't any better but i find it funner to play the game even with overpowered weapons rather than having to sit there n farm them.

#10 Zeflo111, Nov 29, 2012
  11. targe69

targe69 Banned

Moderation

I can totally understand where your coming from and i believe duping a item or 2 is not a bad thing if the player has earned it. What i mean by earn is if the player has farmed for a cc for a month and still no luck then by all means throw him a cc. This will also help them farm in the future. I feel like my point is not coming across correctly. It is the mass duping that is the problem. Why do you need all guns for free? why not just get a free cc and use that to farm the rest of the items you want. MY point is instead of giving all the guns away for free maybe just throw 1 to someone to help them in there farming, do not just kill the entire game for them and give them every gun you have. Moderation is key here.

#11 targe69, Nov 29, 2012
  12. wilo

wilo New Member

Interesting you say this because i have always felt that gearbox frowning on duping and modding has created more problems than good .

Its like anything in life that if you tell the masses they cant do something , a high percentage will do it just to make a point .

I feel if gearbox had sponsered willowtree with some control on item and weapon creation and if they had made no fuss about duping etc , then the cool thing to be would be a legit player as more people could have gone through the motions of modding and duping quicker and thus got to the point where playing legit and keeping things unique is the only way left to play.

13. targe69

targe69 Banned

Well you must not mod or dupe because those who do mod/dupe it will never get old. They will do it until the game gets old and then they just stop playing in general, they do not go back to playing legit. It just the way the gaming life works. once a modder always a modder. Also unique would be to play with no legendary items at all.

14. aFunnyFatGuy

aFunnyFatGuy Badass with a Badassitude

I posted a dupe thread a little while ago in the market place thread but I also listed all the items I have to stop mass duping. In listing out what I have people that have farmed many many many times with no success, can see if I have that one or two specific items that they need and get it that way.

15. Sacridfire

You seem to be confusing real life with video games. You don't see a high percentage of people breaking in to people's houses to steal just to make a point. They do it because they are either low on money and it is the only way to put food on the table or they do it because they feel entitled to do whatever they want. This is just one example and an extreme one at that. It was just to make the point that not nearly as many people as you think do something because they were told not to.

Now to the video game reasons. If you are duping because you have spent countless hours to farm a legendary and it just won't drop and you can't seem to find anything worth trading for it then go for it, I have nothing against those people. On the other hand you have all of the younger players who think they deserve anything they want in the game with no work just because they or their parents bought the game. This is the majority of the people who visit the mass dupe threads. The last group here is the Mass dupers, they mass dupe because they are kind people who just want to help others out, but don't realize how they are affecting the players who want to play 100% legit (Being a multiplayer game with a large community this effects everybody whether it is directly, by using duped guns in a game. Or indirectly, by ruining the legit players sense of acomplishment in finding a rare item).

16. aFunnyFatGuy

aFunnyFatGuy Badass with a Badassitude

Ah freaking men, Kids these days know nothing of hard work. I mean how can you be so lazy that you want to slack on video games? I remember playing the nes, snes, n64, sega, sega genesis. and original playstation. I have been a gamer since the very beginning when dupes, power leveling, and cheats weren't around and it makes me appreciate these amazing games that are coming out now. I remember playing The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time. It took me months to beat that game but the satisfaction I felt after beating it was AMAZING! Bottom line, if you don't want to play the game to the fullest, don't play at all.

#16 aFunnyFatGuy, Nov 29, 2012
  17. wilo

wilo New Member

Sorry to say that i hacked the sh1t out of borderlands one for over 2 years and in the last 6 months of playing i only played legit because i had got so bored of easy kills etc .

And this may seem strange coming from a modder but i was hoping that gearbox would use some sort of server screening to kill mods or use split servers for legit and modded peeps to play how they choose .

But as suspect the mods have hit hard and fast and even ps3 isnt safe so it looks like it wont be long before i have to ditch my legit gear for a modded sheild just so some uncontroled 8 year old doesnt come into my lobby and death mod my ass or the like.

18. icewavex79

icewavex79 New Member

Its the modders that drove me to stop playing BL1. Nothing like seeing someone pop in, drop a couple things and then leave. 2bil dmg shotgun and 2bil cap shield. Didnt even notice til I picked them up at the time. At that point I just went to the nearest vendor and got rid of them. Whats nice about PS3 is I havent heard any stories about modded items yet compared to 360 and Steam but figure its only a matter of time before that cat is out of the bag....sigh

19. icewavex79

icewavex79 New Member

Its the modders that drove me to stop playing BL1. Nothing like seeing someone pop in, drop a couple things and then leave. 2bil dmg shotgun and 2bil cap shield. Didnt even notice til I picked them up at the time. At that point I just went to the nearest vendor and got rid of them. Whats nice about PS3 is I havent heard any stories about modded items yet compared to 360 and Steam but figure its only a matter of time before that cat is out of the bag....sigh

20. wilo

wilo New Member

yea as far as i,m aware there is no modded items or weapons on the ps3 yet , just modded chars and profiles .

But as you said its just a matter of time . I mean the thunderball fist and logan pistol can Lag out bad in their legit form so i dread the day when someone mods those guns and starts dishing them out like candy to everyone as my crappy net conection wont take it.