When did you first play Borderlands?

Discussion in 'Borderlands 1 and Future Titles' started by fuzyon, Sep 1, 2015.

1. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

It can either be Borderlands 1 or 2, but I'm really curious to know when you first started to play the games from this franchise.

2. Nemesysbr

Nemesysbr New Member

Back on 2010, when the Borderlands first came-out. I was expecting a grim post-apocalyptic setting like fallout(I didn't watch any trailers). The madness of the game world caught me by surprise and eventually got me hooked.

3. guruproto

guruproto New Member

I played the original Borderlands a while after it was released. I had heard about the game and followed its development, but when it was released I didn't have the funds or friends to play with. Months later, I went to college and formed friends with other hardcore gamers. One of them had a copy and loaned it to me for the week.

I had only played it for a few hours, but I was addicted. I loved the humor and insanity of Borderlands, and the post-apocalyptic setting was a huge plus. The game definitely got tedious during the end game, but I was still able to salvage some fun from it when gaming with other people.

4. igasmurfa

igasmurfa New Member

I saw a buddy playing it at this off-campus dorm type building and it caught my eye. Downloaded it the next day and was getting ripped apart by those 2 named skags because my friends insisted on trying to team up, it made those guys waaaay too strong for us at the time.

5. rookeh

rookeh New Member

Two hours ago! Hahaha, yeah, I'm a late bloomer. For some reason I disliked the art style back then and just never went to even re-think about playing it. Years went on and I almost forgot about the franchise then a friend gifted me Borderlands 2 and I finally reconsidered it. Although, I went to Borderlands 1 first. I'm just really interested in the story and I like knowing all little aspects of it.

6. Siraphine

Siraphine New Member

I first played Borderlands 2 when it first came out in 2012. I had not previously played the original, but my boyfriend at the time was a huge fan of the games so I went to the release with him and went home with him to watch him play it. After about an hour, I'd taken the controller and ended up binging over half the story in one sitting. Oops!

After that, I somehow totally forgot the game existed until a few years later when I started using Steam. It came up as a suggestion during a Summer Sale so I bought it for old time's sake and replayed it. This pretty much threw me into an obsession all over again and I bought my group of friends copies as well so we could all co-op. :)

7. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

You binged half the story in one sitting? I.. um.... wow, and I thought I was addicted to Borderlands! Borderlands 2 has one of the best stories ever, it's actually captivating.

8. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

Several years ago, Borderlands GOTY edition, Gamestop was having a sale. Was not expecting much, but I ended playing with friends almost every weekend that summer. Awesome co-op, it pulled me away from Reach which at the time was nigh impossible.

9. Maddogg401

Maddogg401 New Member

I must admit I was prety late to the party. I started Borderlands 2 only after I played Tales from the Borderlands, I was so impressed by the world of Pandora that I wanted to try the original game on which it based, and let me say I am not disappointed! Its awesome.

10. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

Huh, I'm glad you made that decision! Tales from The Borderlands is an awesome game as well, have you played Borderlands 2 as well?