Xbox one VS PS4 - My statement

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Redferrari1998, May 22, 2013.

1. Redferrari1998

Redferrari1998 The Moderating Legend

Hey guys, Ferrari here.

Ok, so i'm going to try to keep my views as unbiased is physically possible. However, when comparing a game-centric device to a overpriced sky+ box, it might be a bit difficult. I will start by saying that I believe unless Microsoft pulls something marvelous out of their ass at E3, Sony will have won the war before it's even started. As it stand's in the battlefield on this bulls**t war between platforms, Sony hold's all the cards and Microsoft is left sitting in the corner crying, wondering what to do in order to redeem itself.
    Anyway's, i've gone on about opinions long enough, let's move on to facts. I've going to talk about the 3 biggest piles of crap which Microsoft has done with the new Xbox. Just as a note, i'm restricting this on the device itself rather than the games for it.

Pile of crap 1: The used games dilemma.
    Ok, so i'm sure you know all about the used game dilemma by now, but i'm going to tell you solid facts behind why it's in place. In an interview, and this isn't a quote, Microsoft said "to play games on xbox one, you must install it to your hard drive and then you can play without a disk. To avoid you from giving to game to everyone you know, we have implemented a feature which allows the game to be installed once and all additional installs must play a small fee"... What... The serious... F**k? Wow, Microsoft, that's your excuse?!?, here's an idea, REMOVE the installation requirement and all of this would be avoided in the first place.

Pile of crap 2: Always online... Sort of.
    'Wait a minute, Red! Xbox one can be played offline, Microsoft said themselves!'. Don't get me wrong, you are right. However, the xbox one needs to perform a 'online check' once every 24 hours to make sure there is still a connection there. Basically what this means is, if your internet is bad or it has gone down for a few days, no xbox one game-time for you!!

Pile of crap 3: No compatibility for 360 games.
    I assume this is thanks to the already bulls**t 'install required' thing they've decided to go for. This means if you want to keep playing 360 games, you need to keep the 360. This means I can't trade in my 360, buy an xbox one and play all my old games on the new xbox, which is just downright stupid!

So what about the PS4?
    Unlike the xbox one, the PS4 focused on the game and nothing but the game. Each system will have it's faults but Microsoft's are much more obvious than Sony's. The xbox one wanted to be an all-in-one entertainment system where as the PS4 wanted to be what every gamer wanted, which was a game-centric device which brought you the games you wanted. How much game footage did you see at the sony conference compared to how much you saw at the xbox reveal? One thing i will say in xbox's favour is i prefer the controller, but some third party people here in britain will probably have a replica xbox controller for the PS4 within weeks of it's release, so whether the controller will live up to be a pro is yet to be seen.

PS4 advantages.
    • More power.
    • no extra fee on used games.
    • no need to install games
    • more games announced
    • focused on games and not TV
    • no always online

Xbox one advantages
    • Better controller

So... In conclusion, Sony is one card off the royal flush. Microsoft really need to bring it at E3 on June 10th (I think) or Sony will be holding the crown and having the last laugh. As it stands, there is no BIG advantage to owning a Xbox one over a PS4 if you are a normal gamer.

I ranted on a bit so here's the short version - As it stands, in terms of being a gaming device, PS4 holds all the cards and Xbox one is in trouble.

Thanks for reading guys. I will include the links to the articles i read later. It is currently 5 to midnight in England, i've got a banging headache and I just need to go bed, so i'll provide the links in the morning.

Ferrari out.

#1 Redferrari1998, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
  2. Sacridfire

Sacridfire The Instigator

Can we get some pros and cons of each on this? It would be nice to have a comparison of the two rather than just the cons of the Xbox One.

3. Redferrari1998

I wrote this at 11:30pm, so i honestly just didn't want to discuss both at the time since i was so tired. I'll do another thread about the PS4 later today.

4. a nakedmonk86

a nakedmonk86 Professional Turtle Wrangler

After hearing that im not sure ill be getting an xbox 1

5. Redferrari1998

I just realised that i put in the conclusion that 'there was no advantage to owning a PS4 over an Xbox one' :p

Fixed that now.

6. MorbidMobius

MorbidMobius The Lord of Slag

Definitely need to step in and agree with what red wrote. I was actually looking forward to getting not only a ps4 but the
    Xbox one as well but the cons have turned me away from getting one altogether.

Taping Away With Tapatalk 2 On My Evo V4g Rooted, S-Off, Midnightrom!

7. MorbidMobius

MorbidMobius The Lord of Slag

Is there any Xbox one peeps that can give us there take on the whole thing? Are you guys upset too? Not trying to start any kind of flame war but would like there honest opinion on the whole manner

Taping Away With Tapatalk 2 On My Evo V4g Rooted, S-Off, Midnightrom!

8. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

I chose the PS4, it is personally my more favorite console between the two.

9. razor

razor Member

PS 4 was once definitely a better choice since it meant free higher graphical fidelity for the games. Nowadays, there are upgraded versions of both consoles and I think the new XboX is more powerful.

10. andandand3

andandand3 Member

I am not sure I have heard the words graphical fidelity before, but I like it. I would agree, too, and say that the PS4 would win in that department.

razor likes this.
  11. razor

razor Member

Don't worry, it's pretty much a fancy word for IQ - image quality.
    Anyway, yes the original PS 4 would win but the (new) XBOX is now stronger.

12. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

So which of the two do you prefer?

13. razor

razor Member

If we're talking original consoles, I prefer PS4 as XboX was just too damn weak. If we're talking about the updated versions I don't own either one but if I had to buy one it would be probably still be Sony's console as I prefer DS4 to Xbox controller, and I've heard some features XboX is supposed to have aren't available outside US.

14. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

Ah, I see. I never got too into Xbox over the years but I was always interested in checking it out in comparison to the PS4.

15. razor

razor Member

Most of us never got into it - Xbox never really got a big foothold outside of US, probably because Microsoft focuses too much on that market. It's almost certainly doing especially horrible in Asia.

16. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

Yeah, something like that can really go back to bite them in the rear when it comes to making a good profit.

17. razor

razor Member

Eh, they are clearly making profit as is, otherwise they would have stopped on the original Xbox. The US market is big anyway.

ReaperX likes this.