Is there a Quicksave key?

Discussion in 'PC/Mac' started by GiantKiller, Mar 13, 2015.

1. GiantKiller

GiantKiller New Member

Hi,

I'm brand new to Borderlands 2. I've searched the little manual that came with the game and I've searched the downloaded PDF manual but cannot find any reference to saving. My question is: is there a quicksave key? Thanks in advance.

2. Corten

Corten New Member

It doesn't have a quick save feature. As far as I know it saves at checkpoints and when you quit your game. It also saves upon fast travel, if I'm correct.

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp New Member

I believe Corten is 100% correct on quick save or lack thereof.

4. bavinnie

bavinnie New Member

Came here hoping someone had an answer, come to find out there isn't even a quicksave feature, does anyone know of a mod that allows you to quicksave then?

5. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

There sadly isn't a quick save feature. Although, this game is good about saving your progress regularly so it's almost as if you don't need a feature like that.

6. Siraphine

Siraphine New Member

Don't worry about losing progress.

Borderlands is VERY good about saving your progress regularly. I would say mine saves every 5 minutes or so on average, and then once again every time I load a new map area. The game will save when you close out the game, and I've never, not even once, lost any save data with this game.

The only time I can think of that you might have an issue is if you wanted to quit mid-boss battle; in this case, you would lose the progress made from the beginning of that battle, but no more than that. Just make sure you have time to complete the fights you start and you shouldn't have a problem. :)

7. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I don't know why you would need a quick save button since the game autosaves itself after a little while, it takes some time to get from mission to mission so I don't see the point.

8. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

It's so annoying not to have a quicksave key, I was hoping when I clicked on this thread there would be good news but alas, there is not.