Mad Max

Discussion in 'Borderlands 1 and Future Titles' started by elpapalon, May 18, 2015.

1. elpapalon

elpapalon New Member

So I saw the new Mad Max the other day at the movies. I smiled at the thought of Borderlands 3 cranking up the game to make it look as insane as that movie. Granted, it is very different tone-wise. I just find it interesting to see the kind of eccentric behavior the characters have in that movie and meld something similar into it to Borderlands. Any thoughts?

2. superbobby

superbobby New Member

I saw mad max too! It was one hell of a ride!

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp New Member

If you haven't seen the original Mad Max and The Road Warrior, then you need to go see those right now. The new Mad Max is great, but it all came from those first two movies. Let's forget about the third one, though.

4. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

That's funny because when I saw the trailer for mad max all I could think of was the intro from borderlands. They do kind of, maybe, possibly look similar.. which is a little weird because Pandora is by no means Earth. I think it was the psychos that made the connection for me :D.

5. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I haven't seen Mad Max but I looked at the trailer and it really reminds me of Borderlands. I can see the similarities, but I can't imagine this game looking like that.

6. rookeh

rookeh New Member

This is weird because when I first saw Borderlands my mind went to Mad Max! Goes to show how old I am. But honestly though, the two are only similar because of the setting IMO. Mad Max is basically one long car chase and Borderlands is not.

7. krnd

krnd New Member

I am looking forward to a Borderlands online game more than Mad Max but I have to say I wouldn't mind playing it even though the plot is so similar. If anything I wish Borderlands came out with a movie so it would have all of the credit it deserves for such an amazing storyline.