Playing portable games while walking on the raod?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by john franklin, May 26, 2017.

1. john franklin

john franklin New Member

I think it is not safe to play portable games while walking on the road or street. It can cause an accident as we get lost in the game and can't notice about the objects around us in real life. What is your opinion about it? Is it safe or not?

2. JonathanS

JonathanS New Member

No generally, I'm not a fan of continuously staring at an electronic device while simultaneously walking in public. On the sidewalk is one thing, but if you have to cross the road/street, focus your attention on the traffic around you. The game can wait (lol).

As humans, we struggle to multitask on different things at once like texting and driving, or in this case, gaming and walking. Some of us are better than others, but it's better for all parties involved for you to focus your attention on the road.

3. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

That is of course very dangerous. I'm wary of even texting for extended periods while I walk, as I don't want to run into people. If you're walking near a busy road, I feel like having your attention absorbed by video game is just asking or danger.

4. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

I totally agree that it is unsafe. I mean, I even get lost in my thoughts while just listening to music on my headphones and I can't even imagine how easy it is to lose track of time and space while playing a game while walking. We should avoid doing that to reduce the chances of an accident.

5. khawer

khawer New Member

It is a very dangerous act to play portable games while walking in the street or on the road. I have seen many people having the accident while playing games on their mobile phones or using it for texting. We can play game or texting while we are standing or sitting at some safe place.

6. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

It's definitely not a good idea. People already bump into one another when on their phones or listening to music. The last thing I would do is walk around while in the middle of playing a game.

7. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

Definitely a bad idea, I sometimes browse my phone while walking in case I have something urgent to do, but playing games it's a sure way of injuring yourself.

8. overcast

overcast Member

I used to do that with the Pokemon Go. And I screwed up once and had some of the issues with the crowd. So from that experience learned that it's not a good idea anymore. And I don't walk with the game and portable devices or even smartphone.

9. saniamirzatennis

saniamirzatennis New Member

It is not safe to play games while on the road or street. it can cause a road accident. I don't feel good while playing games on the way because I feel dizzy.

10. khawer

khawer New Member

I don't know why people are so crazy to play the games that they even can't wait to be at home. It is not safe for you and other people around you. It does not leave a good impression on other people too.

11. andandand3

andandand3 Member

I have seen some pretty good videos of this sort of thing, but of course they end in laughter. Hopefully there are none ending in injury or anything, but it is wise to keep your head up.

12. aveli

aveli Member

Playing portable games while walking? That is just signing your own death certificate.

13. aveli

aveli Member

Playing portable games while walking? That is just signing your own death certificate.

14. Athanas

Athanas Member

It very unsafe to play any game while walking on the road.

15. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Member

I admit, I really love playing portable games, but that doesn't mean that I would sacrifice my own life to death.

16. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

Yeah, I heard a lot of people got in some pretty bad situations when playing pokemon go, like going into parks late at night by themselves.

17. overcast

overcast Member

Yep pokemon go caused a lot of issues. And it was definitely something that needs to be controlled.

18. fishbate

fishbate Member

Well at first it's too dangerous, you mind end up on the hospital or worst on a coffin if you play while walking at the road. Lastly, playing games should be fun... i think playing while walking is not convenient at all.

19. andandand3

andandand3 Member

Makes me immediately think back to when Pokemon Go first came on the scene and people were losing their minds and we were hearing of accidents each day. Seems foolish but I cannot say I am never guilty of it.

20. aveli

aveli Member

Even though I love portable gaming, I would not recommend playing while walking. There is a lot of really bad ways this whole thing could turn out.