What are the disadvantages of Portable games?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by john franklin, May 26, 2017.

1. john franklin

john franklin New Member

What are the disadvantages of Portable games? I love portable games. I have a big collection of portable games. I love my collection. I have noticed that people are not much interested in the portable game. What do you think what are the negative aspects of the portable game?

2. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

Well one issue is that they are small and easy to loose.

3. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I think it's the memory and the limitations of the device that can play portable games. Usually, portable devices have a quarter of specs compared to their console variants. This means that the games you can port on the portable devices might lack a bit of features, a bit of extra graphics, and they would probably try to make games that are shorter. But I think that's about to end with the Nintendo Switch.

4. fuzyon

fuzyon Member

I don't think there are any negatives per-say, but in this day and age it's so much more comfortable to buy a game and download it online rather than picking it up from a store/waiting for shipment.

5. zebali

zebali Member

It is too dangerous to play portable games while walking in the street or on the road as it can be a cause of the accident. So it is better to play the portable games in a safe place where you can sit or stay safe.

6. khawer

khawer New Member

It is risky to play portable games outside of home. I have seen many people hit by a pole or a vehicle while they were busy in their game or phone. So it is better to play your portable game when you are sitting somewhere, you should not while walking in the public place.

7. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

I couldn't agree with you more@khawer. Playing games outdoor may take away your concentration from what you may be doing at that moment. I personally, nearly fell in a gutter once just because of playing viewing messages on my phone. I imagine if I were playing a game. Probably, I would have landed head-first into it lol.

joyce.morgan likes this.
  8. joyce.morgan

joyce.morgan New Member

I would have to agree with them its the battery and memory of the device, I guess that's it.

9. overcast

overcast Member

I don't see the future for the portable devices. So you should be spending the money on the portable games the right way. And instead move to the mobile gaming. Because mobile games are doing much better from what I have seen so far.

10. dionnextherese

There are so many negative aspects of portable games. If you have an addiction to games, then you might not be able to manage your time between work/studies and games. And also, it can cause health problems.

11. Athanas

Athanas Member

Portable gaming gadgets are light and therefore create a conducive environment for thieves to steal them. One can easily keep hide them in his pockets and it is unethical to check in onother man's pockets. You can also easily missplace them. They can blend with a heap of clothes, kitchenware or even rubbish.

12. Athanas

Athanas Member

They also have small screens and many people strain to see their players. You need to move too close for you to see, and that is a poor health practice.

13. aveli

aveli Member

Back in the day I used to love portable gaming consoles, but nowadays I'm just not into them anymore. Also, I think they are kind of expensive and really not worth the money.

14. Hova

Hova Member

The only disadvantage of potable consoles that I can think of, is their size. Most of the time I play games on such kind of consoles, it is always only for a few hours unlike on playstation. I guess what I'm trying to say is, they can become very boring very fast.

15. Ruse

Ruse Member

I completely agree.

16. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I think with portable gaming the downside would be the size of the screen and so this can be very hard on your eyes-so for this reason it may not be for you. Also another con would be having to much accessibility to these mobile games- so they could get in the way of your job or other responsibilities that you need or should take care of first, when you are out and about.

17. Athanas

Athanas Member

That is very true. Attempting to play games while walking on the road or driving a car concentrates all your psyche on the game, and therefore you can't notice an approaching car.

18. fishbate

fishbate Member

Some portable games have descent hardware specifications and you can smoothly some good quality games. The only problem i see is power, portable games are dependent on their power capacity to run smoothly. There are some that have good quality battery life where you can play for hours. But basically, even with a good battery you could only play probably one or two hours top.

19. overcast

overcast Member

It can be fun to play them because you get them for low cost too.

20. acerborder001

acerborder001 New Member

Basically its a thing made for convenience. In other words, it was made not for gaming itself but for the inclusion of games in some other things like travel or school etc. As such we need to adjust first for the smallness of the screen. The impact is also notable since one can hardly have the thrills as when we play on our pcs.

21. overcast

overcast Member

You can take them anywhere and they can be pretty cheap compared to the xbox and ps4 type of big console and takes low space too. That's what I have noticed so far.