What does Gearbox have in store for its blushing baby Borderlands 3 on its first birthday? What kind of celebration is about to go down as the loot shooter turns one year old?
Gearbox already started the festivities, actually… the Borderlands 3 Anniversary Celebration began on July 30, about two weeks ago. The full party will consist of multiple mini-events, held over a six-week period. There are six in all, with the first one, Echocast Overlord, having already passed and the current event Bonus Boss Loot now on its last day.
Tomorrow Loot Monster Mayhem will commence, followed by Show Me The Eridium beginning August 20. Mayhem Made Mild and Making It Rain wrap it up for the final two weeks, ending on September 10…which is not actually Borderlands 3’s birthday. It was released September 13, 2019 which means Gearbox could possibly have something different in mind for the day itself, though they have not revealed anything of that sort.
The full schedule bullet list lies below….
- ECHOcast Overload (9 AM PT July 30 to 8:59 AM PT August 6 ) – Better chance of scoring loot during Rare Chest Events in the ECHOcast Twitch extension
- Bonus Boss Loot (9 AM PT August 6 to 8:59 AM PT August 13 ) – Most bosses have an increased chance to drop Legendary loot
- Loot Monster Mayhem (9 AM PT August 13 to 8:59 AM PT August 20 ) – Increased spawn rates for Loot variant enemies
- Show Me The Eridium (9 AM PT August 20 to 8:59 AM PT August 27 ) – Increased Eridium drops and Eridium item discounts
- Mayhem Made Mild (9 AM PT August 27 to 8:59 AM PT September 3 ) – All Easy modifiers in Mayhem Mode
- Making It Rain (9 AM PT September 3 to 8:59 AM PT September 10 ) – Enemies drop more in-game cash