Most people are enjoying the free Outriders demo available now for consoles and PC, but are you having connection or performance issues? Or do you wish there was a motion blur fix for the console version? Good news, folks…
Last week we posted a scratch fix for the PC version of the Outriders demo that involved a slight edit to the game’s files. If you still haven’t resorted to that, you won’t have to do it if you can hold on a few more days. The coming patch will add a feature to turn off the motion blur and the option will appear all versions, not just the PC.
The main purpose of the patch, though, is to repair the technical issues that only arose when the game was being played by a large number of people. It happens.
“To cut a long story short, while our planned-for infrastructure was ready for the raw number of total expected players, the speed with which those players were joining the demo during those first few hours surpassed even our expectations. So, while our backend systems scaled automatically and according to player population demand, they were unable to scale fast enough at the time,” a rep from People Can Fly explained. “Since then we have made changes to the backend and we should not experience a repeat of this particular issue when the game fully launches.”
Here’s the full list of tweaks, improvements and additions the patch will add:
- Added a Motion Blur Toggle
- Made minor tweaks to frame rate output for certain items in cutscenes, however, we are working on a more comprehensive fix for the future
- Fixed a crash that repeatedly occurred when opening the menu or inventory [PC]
- Made improvements to cut down on the time it takes to Matchmake
- Fixed a bug that deletes player gear if their connection drops out during a transition (PC]
- Improved subtitle display and synchronization during the “Bad Day” quest [PC]
- Made other minor improvements and fixes
Look for this patch to be applied to all versions of the Outriders demo early next week.